By now I’m sure many of you have heard one of our doctors emphasize that you should be wearing house shoes and avoiding barefoot walking. Do you know the importance of making sure you protect and support your feet even at home?
Wearing house shoes can help you…..
- Fight Sickness
- Cold feet may lead to the restriction of blood vessels in your nose. This is important because this may lead to the skin inside your nose and throat to turn white because of the lack of blood flow.
- The lack of blood flow that may result from cold feet may lead to a decrease in white blood cells and reduce your protection from viruses
- The warmth the house slippers provide your feet helps keep blood flowing and allows your body to carry out its regular defenses.
- Protection from Bacteria and Fungal Infections
- You carry a lot of bacteria and germs in from outside when wearing outside shoes around the house, house slippers help protect you from that
- These germs can lead to common communicable foot disease (athlete’s foot, toenail fungus, etc.)
- The natural curve that proper house slippers provide, follow the curve of your natural foot and feel like a hug for your feet. This decreases your chances of having pain in your feet and maximum comfort at all times.
- Foot Pain/Balance and Stability
- The proper/most effective house slippers contain good arch support built into them to line up with the natural arches of your feet
- This alleviates additional strain on your feet and helps with stability on
- Unsupported feet/arches may lead to pain and discomfort
- House shoes especially help with conditions such as plantar fasciitis
- Swollen Feet
- One of the most common causes of swollen feet is lack of blood circulation
- Supportive shoes/slippers can help reduce foot pain and foot discomfort by alleviative extra strain and pressure
All Slippers can be found at Vionics.com
All information for article found on Vionics.com