Our hectic schedules just don’t allow for leisurely sit-down, home-cooked meals. If you and your family are running late in the morning or need a quick dinner on the way to soccer practice, you may need to grab something to eat on the way.
- Fill a small bag with trail mix snack, nuts or favorite whole grain cereal
- Try a hard-boiled egg, mini-bagel, banana, and bottle of water
- Pack a charcuterie box of cheese, crackers, grapes, apples and a flavored sparkling water
Fitting In Fitness
Regular physical activity is easier to fit in than you realize and can lower your lifetime risk for cancer, heart disease, joint issues and diabetes, too. Being more physically active than usual, no matter what your level of activity, can have many health benefits. It’s also important to limit the time you spend sitting or lying down, such as time spent on your phone or computer, or watching TV. It’s important to enjoy what you’re doing so you won’t get bored or think of physical activity as a chore.
- Try walking with friends, joining a team or going line-dancing.
- If you like to feel a sense of accomplishment, choose activities where you can chart and monitor your progress like training for a run, or take up an activity with rising skill levels, like martial arts.
- If you want to get away, choose outdoor activities like hiking, biking, or rollerblading.
By following a few practical guidelines, you can ensure that your physical activity is fun and safe. Always wear proper gear for the activities such as supportive sneakers, comfortable clothing and accessories such as hats or sunglasses. Drink plenty of water and don’t overdo it, there is no gain in pain.
It you have any pain make sure to get it checked out. Request an appointment immediately!