It’s been a couple months since the first COVID-19 vaccine came out to the public. Many people are still debating whether or not they should receive the vaccination. If you are one of the people who is curious about the vaccine but hesitant to get it continue reading to learn more about some of the benefits of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Vaccines are Safe
- Multitude of clinical trials have been completed before releasing the vaccine to the public
- Vaccine is being closely monitored by the CDC
Vaccines Increase the Chances of Going Back to Normal Once Fully Vaccinated
- You are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 2 weeks after your single dose of the J&J/Janssen vaccine
- The more people that get the vaccine the closer we are to returning to normal
- You can resume activities you did before the pandemic without wearing mask or socially distancing EXCEPT where federal, state, or local laws require them.
- The more people that get vaccinated the less cancellations, postponements, and closures of events and activities.
COVID-19 Vaccine is Effective
- Reduce risk of getting and spreading virus
- Reduce how sick you get if you do contract COVID-19
- Protects others around you, especially those who are immunocompromised
- Vaccine is a way to build protection and immunity against COVID-19
- None of the vaccines make you sick with COVID-19
The examples provided are just a few reasons why you should consider getting vaccinated against COVID-19. Take some time, do some research, and figure out whether getting vaccinated is the best decision for you. We can help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus one step at a time!